We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Day 5: Have Yourself a Joyful Creepmas!

Welcome back for Day 5 of


We are counting down to Christmas in Smeared Ink style with our annual 12 Days of Creepmas blog hop!  Stop by every 2nd day throughout December and hop your way through the Jolly Bloggers blog roll over there in my right sidebar.  You will want to stick around and feast your eyeballs on all the creeptastic Christmas themed projects!

Thank you so much for hopping with me and leaving me your lovely comments ;0)

Now for my Day 5 project!

Have Yourself a Joyful Creepmas!
an altered domino that could be a tree ornament, a magnet or a pendant, but it isn't...guessed yet...giggle ;0)


Today's altered domino is a skellie skull that has escaped the pile of bones to have himself a very Joyful Creepmas!  I really enjoy using portions of large stamps on my altered dominoes and this one is just a smidgen from the Carmen's Veranda Skulls and Bones background stamp.  I used a randomly torn piece of scrap paper as a mask and inked up the section I wanted to use with black StazOn, removed the paper and pressed the domino onto the stamp.  I then masked the stamped portion of the domino, inked up the JOY from the Lost Coast Designs Harmony Peace Joy Freedom Dictionary set with red StazOn ink and stamped the rest of the domino with it.  Like I mentioned before, this red is really pink so after heat setting I coloured with Sharpies and did the JOY in red and left the bit of pink showing.  I then edged the domino with a DecoColor metallic silver paint pen and coloured the sides too.  I finished off the piece with a metallic gold wired ribbon bow, a snowflake and added crystal Stickles glitter glue to the text and the snowflake for some magic sparkle.
Just a few more stops on the hop for you today, now off you go to Lady B!!

Thanks for visiting with me, see you again on Dec 11!

Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

4 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...